- All Assets and Benefits – We have to look at the big picture in order to give you sound advice. This includes assets that may be invested elsewhere, employment benefits, government benefits, etc. It is important to look at the risk and performance characteristics of each asset separately and how each asset fits into the whole portfolio.
- Risk Profile – You have a risk profile and each investment has a risk profile. We help you match your risk profile with the appropriate risk profile for your overall investment program.
- Goals – Your investment plan should be designed to help you reach your goals. Investments are simply a tool to help you get where you want to be.
- Taxes – Taxes reduce your net investment return. Your portfolio should be as tax efficient as possible.
- Liquidity – How much access to cash do you need and when do you need it? It is important to be able to get out of an investment when the need arises.
A person’s investment goals and portfolio typically change over time. We will help you monitor your portfolio to ensure that it continues to perform well and meet your needs.
We believe that understanding your risk profile and how to match it up with different investments is critically important. One of the tools that we use is a web-based Investment Risk Profile. To find out your “Risk Number”, click the Free Portfolio Risk Analysis button.